Sunday, January 30, 2011

Purchasing the S2 6.9 and Bringing Her Home

I live about 220 mile from Hooper Yachts in Afton, Minnesota. I enlisted my son Parker who was 15 at the time and my wife Jodi to help me close the deal and bring her home.  We took off Friday night after work and stayed at my brothers house in St Louis Park.  Saturday we were up bright and early and headed east to St Paul to pick up the boat. 

I had learned from working with old boats that the trailer might be an issue.  I has Hooper Yachts pull the hubs and repack the bearings so we would not break down on the way home.  We arrived wrote a few checks and got it ready to go.  Hooper's also had two used jib sails make by Quantum.  They were Mylar racing sales made of Pentex, we purchased those for $500 each.  A good deal or what?




I had brought two new trailer lights just in case the old ones did not work.  Parker and I replaced one light and spliced a few wires and we had lights.  The trip home took about four and a half hours and we arrived back in Watertown, SD.

No comments:

Post a Comment