Sunday, January 30, 2011

Project 2011

I have had the long cold, snowy winter to think about all the project I want to do on the boat. With my small budget it will be a muli year process to get everything done. Here is a list of projects that I would like to get done.

Bottom Paint
Replace broken Bomar front hatch $300, already purchased
New main and jib halyards $100, already purchased
New hatch rails, old ones broken
Install Raymarine ST40 bidata display, speed and depth $350
Replace main traveler with Harken small car system $200
Replace jam cleats with Spinlock XAS double rope clutches $234
Loop spice all lines
Porta Potty for booze cruises $65
New battery and battery box $80, already purchased
New DC panel $100

Sailboat hardware is spendy but I have found that between, Mauri Pro Sailing, Annapolis Pro Sailing and Performance Yacht Systems I find the best deals. Stay away from West Marine.  eBay is always fun to shop too.  There can be some deals once in a while, but I find at times I can get it cheaper elsewhere.

The mainsail is in useable shape but might need replacing down the road.  I will try to add photos of projects as I complete them.

No comments:

Post a Comment